Archer C9 DLNA Media streaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-22 18:21:00
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have downloaded a UK BBC IPLAYER file to my USB attached file storage. When I attempt to run the video file via AllShare on my SAMSUNG SMART TV I get invalid codec. My SAMSUNG SMART TV firmware is fully uptodate and I am currently running the August C9 firmware release. I am wondering if the problem is at the Archer C9 end?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C9 DLNA Media streaming
2015-09-23 10:15:07
What kinds of file format?
SAMSUNG SMART TV supports standard DLNA protocol?
Maybe it is a DLNA compatibility issue.
Options
Re:Archer C9 DLNA Media streaming
2015-09-23 23:53:47
The BBC IPLAYER download format is MP4. I am using the SAMSUNG SmartTV app ALLSHARE and it supports the DLNA standard I can successfully browse through the folders and files on the NAS but get the invalid codec when I attempt to play something, the same happens if I attempt to look at a Photo. I found a thread on the web talking about which end does the codec and there is a mention from some person who has a Netgear and and can stream straight from NAS to SAMSUNG ALLSHARE. I noticed an older thread on the TP-LINK forum mentioning TP-LINK DLNA MP4 issues that have raged on for several years without resolution. It would be nice to get a statement from TP-LINK as I am sure they are aware of the issue?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1124

Replies: 2

Related Articles