Problems with TPA4220 Kit - can anyone please advise?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-28 04:08:33
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been using 4 xAV500 NANO powerline adapters in my home network without any problems. Today I bought the AV500 WIFI Extender kit but I have not been able to get this working fully...

The WIFI extender seems to work when connected to Ethernet, and when I use a wireless device, I can see the TPLINK hotspot, but the reason I bought this was to extend the SSID of my PlusNet router.

I downloaded the Utility defined in the setup guide, but when it runs, it fails to find any wireless devices! ..even when I use that adapter to connect to the PC running the utility.

Furthermore, I downloaded the TL-PA4010 utility - when this runs, it can see 1 single device (it must be the wireless extender but there are no options to set the SSID.

I have tried everything to clone the wifi ... I even connected the new 4010 adapter to the router and plugged in the 4220 adapter in th adjacent wall socket and paired them..but the wifi led did not "blink slowly" and did not clone the signal.

Before I return it to the shop, does anyone have any suggestions ??

Also, while I am writing, what are people's review of the wifi extender? I have read many comments about poor stability of the wifi signal...
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problems with TPA4220 Kit - can anyone please advise?
2015-09-29 15:09:53
Before you run the utilty, ensure anti-virus software and firewall are disabled.
To log in web interface of WPA4220, there are two methods actually.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-398.html
Options
fixed
2015-09-30 17:45:04
thanks for your feedback. I have eventually connected wirelessly to the adapter and changed the SSID. I did not initially realise this was possible - I thought you have to use the utility (which still does not list the device !)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 618

Replies: 2

Related Articles