TL-WR740N as a bridge/repeater. SUCCESS!! My problems and solutions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-01 01:47:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am happily using my TL-WR740N as a wireless bridge after a few failed attempts. There is a wealth of information on the internet on how to do this but a few steps are breezed over or skipped completely so after fixing these omissions I wanted to share my experience somewhere.

Step 1) Prepare your main router/modem.

1a) Find your wireless channel and set it there permanently. My Hitron was set to Auto and was on channel 1 so I set it to channel 1 permanently. This is because if the modem resets and scans for a new channel the TL-WR740N will not change channels and your connection will be broken.

1b) Check the DHCP settings for a safe static IP address to use for the TL-WR740N. My Hitron is at 192.168.0.1 and the lease table starts at 192.168.0.5. I have a VoIP ATA at 192.168.0.2 so I use 192.168.0.3 for the TL-WR740N. I have seen instructions to use 192.168.3.1 for the TL-WR740N and that WILL work but with the IP outside the scope of your LAN you won't be able to access the admin page.

Step 2) Set the TL-WR740N to match your main router/modem's settings.

2a) In the admin page of the TL-WR740N go to Network > LAN and set the IP address to what you chose in step 1b then go to DHCP > DHCP Settings and disable DHCP.

2b) Go to Wireless > Wireless Settings and set the SSID of theTL-WR740N. Set the channel to the one you used in step 1a then select Enable WDS Bridging. Click [Survey] and connect to your main router/modem.

Step 3) Go to Wireless > Wireless Security and secure your connection.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2582

Replies: 0

Related Articles