Schedule guest wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Schedule guest wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Schedule guest wifi?
Schedule guest wifi?
2015-10-01 05:44:19 - last edited 2021-07-29 06:07:27
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I've just bought a TD-W8970 v3 which looks pretty good so far.

I'm wondering if therre is any way to schedule the guest wireless network so that it is only available at certain times of the day and to have a different schedule for the main wireless network?

On a related note, is there a way to ignore the preset guest wireless network and set up a second SSID and apply a schedule to that SSID that is different from the schedule that I might choose to apply to the main SSID

Alternatively, is there any way to assign a wireless network to the second IP address?

I'm also looking at whether interface grouping might prove fruitful?

I hope you can see where I'm coming from. I've explored a couple of routes to the desired solution but so far I've not come up with my own solution.

I hope there's some out there that has more experience and hopefully a solution.

I look forward to your input.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Schedule guest wifi?
2015-10-02 17:46:43 - last edited 2021-07-29 06:07:27
No,It is not possible but why you want different schedule's.
Options
Re:Schedule guest wifi?
2015-10-03 17:16:56 - last edited 2021-07-29 06:07:27
Hi, The wifi supplies my sandwich shop on one ssid from 7am til 3pm and then it supplies the restaurant next door on its own ssid, on the guest network, from 4pm until midnight. The aim is to limit wifi access to each business only during opening hours. Cheers
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1457

Replies: 2

Related Articles