Problem with FTP access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with FTP access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem with FTP access
Problem with FTP access
2015-11-17 02:06:17
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have a TD-W9980 that is being used as a VDSL modem with a plusnet account, previously I had a Home Hub 3 with an ADSL plusnet account and I was able to FTP to my website from all my PC's however I don't seem to be able to FTP now.

My credentials are correct as I was able to FTP from work using windows explorer in Windows 7, here I have tried a Windows 7 machine and a Windows 10 machine and have tried Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Filezilla and WIse FTP and just get response 425: Sorry invalid address given.

I am wondering if some ports need opening up or the router needs some configuration, I am IT literate but not good where networking is concerned. The router was setup using the quick setup option and I have not changed anything other than setting up WPA keys.

I did also try it with windows firewall switched of and have checked the Plus Net firewall is switched off so that just leaves the router.

Many thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with FTP access
2015-11-18 03:40:37
This is now fixed. I just restarted the router however there is something weird going on as it wouldn't authenticate so I had to rerun the setup.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 752

Replies: 1

Related Articles