Archer C2 - Wireless Download speed unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-16 21:50:40
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all!

I have recently bought this router because my ISP was previously managing my network (they gave me an arris dg1662 modem, which is as well a router) and I had troubles forwarding ports. I have a 120Mbps internet connection.

Now, with this new router, I manage my network and it's just fine except for the download speed through wireless connection.

I was doing some tests with speedtest.net and downloading some files by torrent.

When I download anything wired connected to the router, it works like a charm. The torrent file downloads without much variation (15.6 MB/s more or less), and the speedtest works just fine.

Anyway, when I'm using WIFI, there is a moment when it looks like the download speed just paralyze, freeze, block or something like that. The torrent get to download to 4.5 MB, more or less (That speed is just great, I know i can't get 120Mb), and then it just drop off to something like 1MB or less. Then it goes up again, and then it drop off, and that's how it goes all the time. It happens even if i'm standing next to the router (less than 1 mts). The speedtest also show something weird, The download speed increase, and there is a moment when it stops working. You can see in the image below that It got to 34.75Mb. There, it freezed and the chart stopped updating.

I have tried several configs : b/n/g and 20 MHZ or auto, b/n , different channels. I also updated to the last firmware and It just stayed the same, and then I downgraded to 141117 to see if something changed. I also changed the nat hardware option (enabled/disabled, saw this while searching what was happening before I posted this), dont really know what that does but it didn't work either.

I don't know what else could be happening. I know my ISP is not the issue because if I connect directly to it i dont get any problem, and I dont get any problem if I'm wired connected to the router, so there must be something with the wireless config.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

Cheers

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C2 - Wireless Download speed unstable
2015-12-18 04:54:43
bump
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 787

Replies: 1

Related Articles