Archer C7 5GHz network not enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-05-12 17:07:53
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.3 Build 151014 Rel.49676n

ISP :

Here are my router's firmware and hardware version

Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 151014 Rel.49676n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

I cannot find the 5G network, not even the 5G wifi LEDs flash, I get only 2.4Ghz wifi and its LED flashes when connected.

[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]5G network is not available eventhough the SSID broadcast is enabled.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]I set up both 2.4 and 5G networks such that both broadcasts SSIDs in different names. I am able to see only 2.4GHz SSID alone.
[/FONT]
Region is defaulted to United States, I am not able to select any other region.

[FONT=Calibri]I have used Windows inSSIDer app to scan wifi networks and there is no 5G network available in my home so there is no possibility of any interference. I was able to see only 2.4GHz networks with inssider app. I have tried channels 36 and 165 but no 5G network.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]At times, I am not able to connect to the web administration page http:://tplinkwifi.net, not even the tether Android app detects the router. I have tried several times last night and able to get this webpage working only once. The browser responds that the connection is refused. I have checked that my PC IP is in same subnet as of the router ip(default gateway).[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Moreover, the WPS reset button does not work and I cannot reset my router to factory default settings.
I was able to do that only once when web page worked, to see if resetting to factory settings bring back the 5G network but it did not.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]But when I switch on the router all the LEDs light up for a sec and later only Power, System, 2.4G wifi, WAN(if ethernet is connected), internet LEDs light up but not the 5G wifi LED.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I would expect someone from local support team take a look at the router and fix/replace to fix the 5G network issue.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]This router Archer C7 is bought just 30days ago.[/FONT]

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 5GHz network not enabled
2016-05-20 23:45:09
In order to see the 5Ghz network you must have a 5Ghz WiFi adapter installed in your computer. All your devices must have a 5Ghz adapter available or you will not see the 5Ghz band.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1867

Replies: 1

Related Articles