Archer C2600 firmware for US only? FCC ruling?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-17 20:54:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I notice there is a new firmware for the C2600 US version but its not available internationally. Is this because it incorporates the new FCC rulings on non compliance that may not apply internationally? I just want the firmware for the improved mu-mimo.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C2600 firmware for US only? FCC ruling?
2016-08-18 20:36:52
I believe that's correct, it's probably just for FCC compliance. However, I would steer clear of it since I recently tried to update my Archer C3200 (US) v1 with the appropriate firmware via the US site which was put out for the same reason and it bricked the router (couldn't reset it, ping it, etc.). Called tech support and was told I voided the warranty by upgrading the firmware, which is ridiculous. Obviously the Archer C3200 firmware wasn't tested so I'd be leery of any other US-only firmware they put out for the same reason (FCC compliance).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 1

Related Articles