How could I extend the TL-WPA8630 kit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How could I extend the TL-WPA8630 kit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:How could I extend the TL-WPA8630 kit?
2016-09-30 06:12:33

obelix63 wrote

Now, I need another receiver module AV1200, with at least two ethernet ports (three is better, one is the worst case), WiFi extender dont' care in this case.
Which product is available?

I am in the same boat. I really do need another WPA module, but TP-LINK apparently doesn't sell (and no one else does either) the TL-WPA8630 standalone device. Their literature and graphic on the product webpage for the KIT specifically shows the part number there, but I can't find it. If anyone has info on how to get it or a compatible WPA module, I'd appreciate it!

-Alan
Options
2016-09-30 16:47:42
For the WLAN solutions it's really best to have all of them from the same vendor. Pure powerline adapters you can mix and match as you please ... however, a twin set of TP-Link 8010P is barely more expensive than a single AVM or Devolo adapter, so why bother. Just buy a twin set and enjoy having a spare. :) In case you need more than one LAN port on the adapter and no WLAN, there isn't much choice either.

At least here in Germany, the 8030P regularly appear in Amazon's Deal of the Day - and last time I bought them, the deal price was barely $10 more than a single adapter from another vendor. So now I have a spare 8030P around.
Options
2017-03-01 02:28:47
Just to confirm, there is no concept of transmitter and reciever is there? I have two of these sets and I am struggling to get them to speak to eachother and now I am wondering if I am wrong?! Two WPA8630P sets should co-exist? right?
Options
2017-03-02 18:23:43
On the PLC side of things, you can have over 200 devices on the same network with the 8000 series. On the WLAN side, the usual rules apply - you can use the same SSID on multiple access points, you need to make sure that frequency ranges don't overlap where transmit ranges overlap, etc.
Options