WN8200ND-Windows 10 POTENTIAL FIX

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-27 10:14:30
Model : TL-WN8200ND

Hardware Version : V1.0

Firmware Version : -

ISP : -

Like many others, I have random disconnects while using this on Windows 10. The only way to get it back to working is to unplug and re-plug the micro-USB connection. This happens during restart, resuming from sleep or just completely random.

THE FIX: Go into Device Manager on your admin account, find Network Adapter > 300Mbps Wireless High Power USB Adapter > Properties > UNCHECK [COLOR=#000000]"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

I made this change and tested it for 3 days
now and have not encountered the disconnection problem. This does not change the way the PC sleeps, it still sleeps and wakes normally.

I signed up to post this and I hope it helps others in the same boat.

Good luck!

Options
2 Reply
Re:WN8200ND-Windows 10 POTENTIAL FIX
2016-10-18 23:35:42

baspower wrote

Model : TL-WN8200ND

Hardware Version : V1.0

Firmware Version : -

ISP : -

Like many others, I have random disconnects while using this on Windows 10. The only way to get it back to working is to unplug and re-plug the micro-USB connection. This happens during restart, resuming from sleep or just completely random.

THE FIX: Go into Device Manager on your admin account, find Network Adapter > 300Mbps Wireless High Power USB Adapter > Properties > UNCHECK [COLOR=#000000]"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

I made this change and tested it for 3 days
now and have not encountered the disconnection problem. This does not change the way the PC sleeps, it still sleeps and wakes normally.

I signed up to post this and I hope it helps others in the same boat.

Good luck!

Sorry but not even this can work. Tried it and after the second time it does the same thing: The system starts with disconnected usb device. :(
Options
WN8200ND Windows 10 POTENTIA
2016-12-07 01:09:15
This particular solution is only for Windows 8. Windows XP should not have this issue anyway. If you are having trouble, make a new topic and explain the problem with screenshots if possible and explain what you have tried so far to fix it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4513

Replies: 2

Related Articles