Archer c20i DNS problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c20i DNS problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer c20i DNS problem
Archer c20i DNS problem
2016-10-09 04:53:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi!

I have a problem with my Archer c20i device since a couple of weeks back when it was plugged in again after comming back from summer break.

It was updated already in may with the new firmware, which worked perfectly. I had no problem with the router from January 2016 until August with either the old or new firmware.

The problem is regarding the DNS server. My Wifi and/or even LAN just randomly stops working after 1-2 hours of use, every day. It says something that "DNS server not responding". Then it also randomly starts working again, after I have rebooted or even restored the router to factory mode (note: the firmware is still the newest patch then). But it only works for a short while and mostly dosent work at all.

I have tried changing the Ipv4 and 6 DNS to Googles, no results.
I have tried flushing dns, renew and release ipconfig, winsock netsh reset even without any results.

When I connect the cable directly to the wall/plug it works perfectly fine and fast. So seems to be nothing wrong with my provider.

What can I do now? What do you think the problem is? Is it the firmware? should I change to a older firmware version? Can I do something more with the DNS? change channel in TP-link to 44 or 46 instead for automatic? And is there somehow to get a hold of the "original firmware" if I accidently erased it and only have the new patch of firmware?

Please help! Getting desperate..

Best regards, Teodor
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 0

Related Articles