TL-WR810N Disconnecting issue (+ temp fix)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-08 23:24:22
Hello Everyone,

My Setup:
My WR810N is setup as an Access Point on my ISP router with pretty much default settings and is otherwise working perfectly with all my wifi devices (laptop, tablets, TV, repeater)
Firmware: 3.16.9 Build 150918 Rel.43453n

The Problem:
Seems like after a few hours/minutes of inactivity (during nightime for example) the device enters some kind of "sleep mode" he can't wake up from unless I acces the device's settings via an Ethernet computer on the network OR I plug it off and back on from the outlet (or see the temporary fix below)
What happens is the wifi signal is still visible, but becomes weak and has limited connectivity.

Anyone knows how to fix this once and for all and have a fully working device? There is no such option that I've noticed in the settings.

Thank You

TEMP FIX:

I also own a wifi repeater (Dlink DAP-1320) and as soon as I plug it in and it finds the WR810N's signal, the wifi goes back running whithout any disconnection issues!!
It seems to keep the WR810N stimulated in a way
While this is good news, and hope it helps others, I still would like to be able to unplug the repeater whenever I don't need it and not have to worry about reconnecting the device
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 0

Related Articles