TL-WN851ND Adapter not detecting wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-19 10:33:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently inherited a desktop tower from a friend. When he built it a few years ago the original build didn't come with any wireless capabilities he bought tp-link wireless adapter, specifically the 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter TL-WN851ND. Since I got the computer I've done a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate, and after a little pain in identifying some of the hardware (the computer was a custom build), everything now seems to have up-to-date drivers, including the wireless adapter. To manage the adapter I have the tp-link wireless configuration utility installed.

Here is my issue. In my 'tech room' I have a laptop, tablet, phone and the desktop in question. The first three devices have no issue connecting to the wireless network in my house. The desktop, however, only very rarely even detects the wireless network, and when it does the signal is extremely weak (the configuration utility usually says 9%-17% signal strength). Maybe once a week, however, it will detect my wireless network with 100% signal strength (as my other devices usually do), but this will only last a few minutes. Then the signal strength again either disappears or drops to 9%-17%.

So far I have tried uninstalling all the drivers for the network card and the wireless adapter, and then reinstalling, but it didn't seem to help.

I am not used to working with wireless adapters, so if there is any information I can provide to help troubleshoot please let me know!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WN851ND Adapter not detecting wireless
2017-01-19 10:51:48
change to another PCI slot to see what will happen, or try it on another PC if possible
if the performance is the same on different PC,then it may be a faulty,contact the retailer for a replacement.
Options