Having Trouble cloning the wifi on TC-PA4010

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-22 17:19:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I'm having trouble achieving the same wifi speed on my computer. On my laptop, I am getting a download speed of 30 mb/s. But on the computer that I have the powerline adaptor plugged into is only getting 5 mb/s. I have plugged one of the adaptors connected to the router and the other one connected to the back of my desktop computer. How do I achieve the actual internet speed that I am paying for? I am also using windows 10, could that be an issue because on the box it says it compatible with windows 8 and lower.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Having Trouble cloning the wifi on TC-PA4010
2017-01-23 10:59:14
how far is it between the two units?
and are there any high-power appliance in the circuit?
the distance and electrical appliance can affect the performance of powerline adapter.
Options
Re:Having Trouble cloning the wifi on TC-PA4010
2017-01-23 15:39:54
The two units are pretty close, one is on the ground floor and the other one is on the 2nd floor directly above it. I have quite a lot of electrical devices plugged in the circuit in both rooms.
I changed the ethernet cable for one of the cable and noticed that the speed went up to 15mb/s which is a lot better, but no where close to what it shoud be (30mb/s)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 2

Related Articles