WDS Bridge breaking after resetting main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-04 22:12:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a computer and I wanted to somehow connect it to the internet, but having a 20 meter long cable from the main router to the computer was not an option and having a wifi reciever was too slow of an option, so I settled with a bridge router right next to the machine. For this purpose I wanted to use my TL-WR1043ND router, but I'm running into a problem. My main router is a ZyXEL NBG6816 ARMOR Z1 router, and I connected the router to with WDS Bridging then I connected my computer to the router with a cable, however every time the main router shuts off because of power blackout or something the connection between the computer completely shuts off. I can't even connect to the bridge router through a browser and even pings wont go through. For some reason if I connect to the router through wifi, the connection works.
This is how I set up my router:
-I turn off DHCP first
-then I go into the wireless settings, change the name of the router to something else than the name of the main router
-then I turn on WDS briding, survey the main router and enter the correct password
-then I go into wireless security settings and I give the wifi a password
-finally I change the ip of the router to something else than 192.168.1.1 (mainly because the main router has the same ip). I tried different IPs, e.g. 1.2 or 1.200 or even 1.255 but none of them changed the outcome
-after this the router resets automatically
After the router breaks I have to factory reset the router and do the whole thing again
Can anyone help?
Options
3 Reply
Re:WDS Bridge breaking after resetting main router
2021-06-17 18:46:57

@Gorbit99 

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue . my model Archer C6

Options
2021-06-17 19:04:48 - last edited 2021-06-17 19:15:16

@josev1388 Sorry, I just saw the thread is pretty old, but the same goes for your devices.

You're doing it just right, although make sure that the ZyXEL device has a wireless channel set up as static (select one from the dropdown list), not Auto.

That's because when you setup TL-WR1043ND on the same wireless channel as ZyXEL to build the WDS, everything's OK for the moment.

But when the ZyXEL for some reason (power cut off, reboot, internal algorithm) changes the wireless channel your WDS is not working anymore.

The TL-WR1043ND static IP should be in the same subnet as the ZyXEL's - for example if ZyXEL is with 192.168.1.1, then set TL-WR1043ND IP to be with 192.168.1.254.

Thus TL-WR1043ND IP will be outside the ZyXEL's DHCP range (shorten its range if needed).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-17 19:59:17

@terziyski  Thanks for your Support. Its working now .

I have selected Channel number 11 .

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3269

Replies: 3

Related Articles