TL-WN823N V1 on Win 10 low bandwidth ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-01 04:05:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

my old Netgear USB Wifi adaptater broke last week, so i got my TP Link TL-WN823N_V1 from my other system, running Win Seven and achieving 60Mb/s on a 100Mb/s fiber line.
But on my Windows 10 computer, the same adapter is maxed at 10-11Mb/s ... when i plug it windows 10 auto-install it under the name : Realtek TRL8192CU USB 2.0 Network Adapter (the chipset used inside this TP Link model)... but it connect fine, the ping is the same on both computer, and the upload speed too (10Mb/s) but the download is capped at 11Mbps... so i assumed it is the wifi type that is wrong (802.b instead of 802.n but the adapter is configured for mixed mode b,g,n and 20-40 Mhz and connected at 2,5 Ghz on the fiber box... so everything is fine... i tried disable WMM (Wifi Multi Media) doesn't change anything... and when i try to change some advanced settings on the adapter (like performance type : Performance or Wifi are the 2 choices, on one it gives 9Mb/s on the other 11Mb/s...).

then i went on the TP Link website trying to locate the official driver, assuming the problem come from that... but when i try installing V1 drivers there is only 8.1 version (and my W10 computer doesn't accept it) and on the V2 page there is a W10 version, but the auto-install utility says that i don't have a V2 adapter pluged in... (so.. i assume i have a V1). again => blocked.

Any idea / help ? other than "buy another adapter" ?

- Jonathan P.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 0

Related Articles