Archer C2 - can use ping but not traceroute?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-25 13:06:05
Model : Archer C2

Hardware Version : v1

ISP : Kabel Deutschland (Germany)

Firmware : newest.

Hello,

I recently purchased a TP-Link Archer C2 V1 WiFi Router. I use it behind my ISP's Router in Bridgemode (Lan1 ISP's Router - WAN TP-Link).

Everything works perfectly fine, except the fact that I cant use traceroute in diagnostic tools. I've tried like 30 different IP's and domains and changed max. TTL's from 1-30.

For example: I put in google.com and use 30 TTL's. A line quickly appears: traceroute to google.com (194.122.80.52), 30 hops max, 64 byte packets.

Then I have to wait ~2 Minutes, then it always says: traceroute to (google.com) failed!

When I try to ping google.com it works perfectly fine (just like when I try to ping any other site). When I change it from 30 TTL's to anything below 18 the little wheel right next to start disappears within a second, anything above 18 takes 2 minutes until it tells me "failed".

I tried to disable the SPI Firewall and unchecked the " Forbid Ping Packet From WAN Port" option, same results.

When I disable the Bridgemode and use my ISP's Router the traceroutes work perfectly fine. When I use my TP-Link as an AP the site with statistics and diagnostics remain completely empty.

Is there anything I can do to make traceroutes working?

Best Regards :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 826

Replies: 0

Related Articles