What Router Will Do the Following for me?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-29 03:14:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
I'm throwing good money after bad at the moment to get a particular setup. Without boring you with the details this is what I'm after:

1. A LAN extender with Wifi so I can connect to my network using a mobile device from remote areas around my home. My current Virgin not so super hub barely reaches to the top floor. I don't need fast Wifi. I plan to put this extender on the second floor of the house so the Wifi must reach up one floor
2. Gigabit ethernet
3. A router with NAS capabilities. I have 2TB and 3TB USB (powered) HDDs which must be supported (exFat or NTFS) either directly to two USB hosts or via an unpowered hub. Each disk must be independently accessible as I wish to power on each HDD as and when I need it and both may be on at the same time. This means that...
4, The USB HDD's must be mounted by a label that never changes for that particular disk (the same way Windows is able to show a label for a disk regardless of which port it's plugged in to). Basically I want Kodi to be able to access the media on the disks either by Samba or FTP though preferably the former due to my file sync software. Once Kodi has the path and creates a library of the media I cannot have that path change each time a disk is powered on. The path between Kodi and this router will be via ethernet then USB.
5. Must be able to sync to the connected drives from a Windows PC and large files must be supported (30GB files)
6. User security for the NAS function
7. Low power, 20W or less
8. Costs less than £100 (based on Amazon.co.uk prices as a guide)

Do any TP-Link devices meet all of these criteria? I'm really hoping someone can help with this and suggest a device.

Thank you very much in advance
Options