TP-link TL-WDN4800 rarely connects and speeds are super slow when it does

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-03 18:56:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So I bought this adapter a few years ago and it always worked fine. Now whenever I try to connect to my 5G wifi it normally either fails to even find the wifi or has issues when connected. When I do manage to connect the connection rate shown on the TP-link software is always at 6Mbps when this number used to be at 450 all the time and my internet barely works. If I ever troubleshoot the adapter in network and sharing center it always either resets my network adapter or says that there was a problem with the network adapter or access point. Occasionally this fixes it but not for more than an hour or two.On top of this, when I join my 2G wifi I have similar issues with the rate on TP-link software shown as 1Mbps all the time.I am running my pc on windows 7.I've tried to change the channel that my router broadcasts at, I have tried with a new version of the same adapter (as it was replaced after complaint), I've tried reinstalling drivers and updating drivers and deleting the network profiles. None of this has worked and I'm at a loss; any help is much appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-link TL-WDN4800 rarely connects and speeds are super slow when it does
2017-07-06 14:21:38
It's suggested to use the Windows built-in utility to connect to the Wi-Fi, you can try uninstall the TP-Link software, then follow this way to connect the Wi-Fi.
http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-306.html

Turn off the firewall and antivirus software in the computer, then re-install the driver to have a try.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 815

Replies: 1

Related Articles