Roaming?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Roaming?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Roaming?
Roaming?
2017-07-25 19:22:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All, new user here. Can anyone tell me if I use PLC for my home WiFi how good/bad it is for clients moving from one device to the other? By that I mean if a device can still see/receive signal from a extender but is much closer to another extender will it auto switch if the network is named the same etc? I would go for a mesh system but these don't seem to be PLC based (why is that? Seems crazy) so don't offer wired connections to static clients such as TV, consoles etc?Any help appreciated.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Roaming?
2017-07-26 16:12:07
most clients usually will automatically choose the stronger signal one to connect when several access points are using the same ssid.
you can see this how to build a roam network.
http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-593.html
Options
Re:Roaming?
2017-07-26 18:03:26
Without true mesh functionality, you can still set all your APs up to use the same SSID and passphrase, but each on a separate channel. Make the channels non-overlapping for best coverage. The benefit in true mesh WLAN is that the access points move the clients to the nearest/strongest signal, whereas in non-mesh multi-AP setups the clients decide. [And yes, some clients aren't too intelligent in doing this.]
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 2

Related Articles