TL WR1043ND time out on downloads

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-26 02:41:09
Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.16.9 Build 20160607 Rel.58297n

ISP : Fibertel

Hardware is V4
I'm a computer tech which involves a fair bit of downloading - patches, OSs, drivers etc, but for some reason I keep getting the orange light on the internet icon on the front of the unit and the wifi drops off when downloading anything over a few hundred Mbs.
The actual download appears to continue to the machine in question but internet becomes unavailable elsewhere.
It's pretty annoying since I upgraded from a TL-WR841N for this very reason and I know I'm not being capped by the ISP.
I have a 12mbps service by the way.
Is there any way I can fix this through config which is set to default at the moment?

Cheers
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL WR1043ND time out on downloads
2017-08-28 17:35:27
Do you install the latest firmware of the router? You download through WiFi or Ethernet connection? Both gave you the issue? And all your devices have the same issue? Would the internet automatically recover once the download finished? Do you try reboot the router, or hard reset it?
Options
2017-08-28 23:15:02
Thanks for the reply.
As far as I can tell I have the latest firmware (60607 EU) but I may be wrong.
Wherever possible I download over Ethernet, especially if it's a Steam game or OS download due to the size and yes, the internet immediately recovers when the download has finished.
Rebooting and hard resetting the router hasn't sorted out this issue and I continue to see the green internet icon go orange. The odd thing is that I had the exact same problem with my previous TP Link router mentioned in my original post.
Options
2017-08-29 13:47:45
umm, seems weird. You can contact support@tp-link.com
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 663

Replies: 3

Related Articles