2 factor authentication to mobile app such as duo or google authenticator

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-12 11:48:29 - last edited 2020-08-07 07:03:21

Good day

Is there or will there be 2 factor authentication added for logging into the tp-link router.

I am not sure if you think it is necessary, but as they say....a little bit more security doesnt hurt.

If someone tries to log in to the router ui then you (the Admin) will receive a the login auth. request.

Warm regards

Terry

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:2 factor authentication to mobile app such as duo or google authenticator-Solution
2020-08-07 07:01:34 - last edited 2020-08-07 07:04:03

@TerryL 

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

As far as I know, there is currently no plan to add the support for 2-factor authentication, while we will forward this request to our R&D team and they will evaluate the feasibility.

You can keep an eye on our official website for updates.

Thank you~

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:2 factor authentication to mobile app such as duo or google authenticator-Solution
2020-08-07 07:01:34 - last edited 2020-08-07 07:04:03

@TerryL 

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

As far as I know, there is currently no plan to add the support for 2-factor authentication, while we will forward this request to our R&D team and they will evaluate the feasibility.

You can keep an eye on our official website for updates.

Thank you~

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1436

Replies: 1