green light does not turn on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-02 09:55:12 - last edited 2020-04-08 12:02:26
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello everybody. I recently changed the internet provider, and they gave me their Microtik router. With the old provider and my old Sitecom router the extender was working. Now the green light of the signal does not want to turn on. The extender identifies the net with a good signal, but at the end of the installation, the led doesn not want to turn to green solid. Any idea? Can it be a sort of limitation created by the new internet provider? The same problem occurs also with another extender, model TL-WA855RE.

Ciao!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:green light does not turn on-Solution
2020-04-03 22:19:45 - last edited 2020-04-08 12:02:26

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin problem solved. The internet provider changed some security settings in the router, adding some old ones. I am not answer expert, so I cannot explain better. However, all ok now.many thanks for your help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:green light does not turn on
2020-04-03 08:20:40

@Prope 

What is the model number of the Mikrotik router? You can show us a screenshot of the back label of the actual device. 

Try to log into the web UI and show us a screenshot of the 2.4GHz wireless settings page. Please use the 802.11b/g/n to give it a go.

And please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:green light does not turn on-Solution
2020-04-03 22:19:45 - last edited 2020-04-08 12:02:26

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin problem solved. The internet provider changed some security settings in the router, adding some old ones. I am not answer expert, so I cannot explain better. However, all ok now.many thanks for your help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:green light does not turn on
2020-04-08 12:02:22

@Prope 

Thanks for your update, glad to hear that you figured it out.

Now you can use the extender to boost wifi signal and access internet.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2495

Replies: 3

Related Articles