Ethernet light green, wireless light green but no connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-22 08:36:04 - last edited 2021-02-23 09:57:41
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.3.16 v0001.0 build 170905 ref 59579n

My Access point has been working without a hitch. Then a couple of days ago it would say connected but no internet, when I tried to use it.

The Ethernet connection light shows as static green and the wireless access light also shows as static green, however when I connect it says connected without internet.

I have tried resetting it but have the same problem.

Any ideas appreciated. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ethernet light green, wireless light green but no connection-Solution
2021-02-23 09:57:27 - last edited 2021-02-23 09:57:41

@Philbert 

Hi, I reset my gateway, reset the access point, forgot the wireless password on my devices. I then reconnected to the wireless and reentered the same password and it has connected without an issue. Don't know what was happening, but seems to have fixed itself. I really appreciate your help.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Ethernet light green, wireless light green but no connection
2021-02-22 11:40:03

@heimdal 

Hey

When you are connected and it says "No Internet Connection" do you get a valid IP address?

Try pinging your router to ensure it is replying and that will test if it is the WiFi or the internet itself.

Options
2021-02-23 09:30:05 - last edited 2021-02-23 09:42:37

@Philbert 

Hi,

My device is allocated a IP address when connected to the access point and the access point can ping the router. However, the message is still connected without internet.

I tried to ping the wireless device at the IP address it was allocated and it failed.

Thanks

Options
2021-02-23 09:49:16

@heimdal 

Umm thats a strange one, it would be expected you could not ping the router when this is happening.   Are you running Windows10?   Is the Firewall active and blocking anything?   try turning the Windows Firewall off for a bit as other users reported this also.

When it does happen, does restarting the router help?   Or do you need to restart the AP?

Check what firmware version you have on the device if so.

Options
Re:Ethernet light green, wireless light green but no connection-Solution
2021-02-23 09:57:27 - last edited 2021-02-23 09:57:41

@Philbert 

Hi, I reset my gateway, reset the access point, forgot the wireless password on my devices. I then reconnected to the wireless and reentered the same password and it has connected without an issue. Don't know what was happening, but seems to have fixed itself. I really appreciate your help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4313

Replies: 4