No internet but light is green

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-01 08:26:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.10.5

Hi,

My deco unit is showing a green light but the laptop, ipad and cellphone are indicating "no internet". The deco app also indicates that the unit is disconnected.

This has happened 5 times in the last 3 days. After a while, it fixes itself but this is very annoying if it happens while I'm in a video call for work. Does this mean that the unit is starting to crash?

Appreciate any help here.

Regards,

Clare

Options
3 Reply
Re:No internet but light is green
2021-01-26 12:33:17 - last edited 2021-01-26 13:15:30

@Ccoeli 

I have the same problem

Internet works for10-20 minutes, then it fails.

Use the Deco M5 as AP

The Deco M5 is green all the time.

Have tried to reset, and start over, no change

Have been working fine for years, with out changes

Connected to a ASUS RT-AC66U

have the latest software

Thomas

Options
2021-01-27 09:02:06

@Juppe65 

Hi,

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did the ASUS RT-AC66U work as the router with Wi-Fi off and only leave the Deco mesh network?
  2. Did the wireless and wired connection have the same issue from the Deco M5?
  3. When the connection failed, could you please help me check the IP address and default gateway on the mobile devices?
  4. Would restarting the Deco temporarily restore the internet connection?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-27 15:25:35

@TP-Link 

Hi,

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did the ASUS RT-AC66U work as the router with Wi-Fi off and only leave the Deco mesh network?
  2. Did the wireless and wired connection have the same issue from the Deco M5?
  3. When the connection failed, could you please help me check the IP address and default gateway on the mobile devices?
  4. Would restarting the Deco temporarily restore the internet connection?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

HI Thanks for respond

I have wifi on router and Deco, both with the same name and password, (maybe a bad solution ?)

The router wifi worked fine

Yes the restarting of Deco gave internet for 5-10 min, then it worked for 20min or so, and came back for 10 min, and so on 

I did a reset on the router and changed one "slave Deco" to master and it has been working now för 24h.

Hopefully it will stay working

Thanks again

Thomas

Options