TL-SG1005D no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG1005D no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-SG1005D no internet
TL-SG1005D no internet
2020-04-09 21:09:26
Model: TL-SG1005D  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: how do you tell?

Evening all,

I've bought the above switch roughly one week ago and used it for that period with multiple devices connected to it without issue. It's connected to a LAN port on the back of my Plusnet Hub One router, there are 3 devices attached to the switch (printer, work laptop and a desktop PC). I've noticed the speeds really start slowing on the laptop and started to notice it on the PC also however up until this point I'd noticed no change in speed, in fact I'd been testing it through the switch and connected directly to the router and the speeds were identical so was fully happy to endorse this TP link product... until now.

Yesterday I start getting "no internet" show up on both PC and laptop. Now can't get online, I've unplugged the TL-SG1005D switch and instead connected my PC via ethernet cable directly to my Plusnet router and receive instant internet access, try plugging back in with the switch and instantly get "no internet". The lights are flickering away on the back of the switch so it's not dead, it just doesn't seem to be allowing anything to pass through it. I've switched cables about to test if it's a wiring issue, a wasted effort given they clearly work as it was up and running with those cables for a week and none have been damaged in that time...

I don't get why this would work without issue for a week then all of a sudden stop?

I don't know which hardware verion it is, how do you tell?

I've seen there are a fair amount of people having similar issues when searching google and the resolutions don't provide a consistent answer to my situation, does anyone have any ideas I can try before I return this thing for a refund?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1005D no internet
2020-08-05 11:37:17

Hi @Kathy_Z , I ended up returning this product and buying a Netgear switch instead which has worked flawlesly for several months now.

I did all the troubleshooting mentioned in that link where I could ping devices directly connected to the swich no issues there but as soon as its connected to the router it sees the internet for a second or two but then cuts off and "no internet" message showing in the windows dialogue.

If anyone stumbles on this thread with the same issue and you're fortunate enough to have bought it from somewhere with great returns policy like Amazon then just send it back, its not worth the hassle troubleshooting when it makes no difference to getting it working. For reference the replacement I'm using is Netgear 8 port gigabit ethernet switch GS208.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1972

Replies: 2

Related Articles