Unable to add additional slave to M5 in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-08 10:51:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi,

I have been running for several years without issue a Mesh using 3x Deco M5 - all in AP mode including the 'master' (Main) unit as I have an existing router.

I purchased an additional Deco M5 to add as an additional AP point.

The App cannot find the unit (while light flashes blue) but then after finding it on bluetooth, it says to move it closer to the main unit.

Reboot main unit, 'new' M5 (v3) placed 2 feet away and still not found.

I connected it via ethernet backhaul and the main unit sees it as an unknown peripheral.

I also connected wirelessly to the new unit (192.168.68.1) which said run the app!

A bit lost now....

Any ideas?

I vaguely remember that on the V1 units you had to add additional APs while the main unit was in router mode, but thought that was fixed in later updates.

Thanks"

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to add additional slave to M5 in AP mode
2020-05-08 16:19:43 - last edited 2020-05-08 16:20:50

@Stewart Now sorted.

I thought TP-LInk were supposed to have fixed this issue nearly 2 years ago on the early V1 units?

Put the 'main' M5 (V1) into Router mode, added the M5 v3 quickly using the App, updated firmware and then reset the main Deco unit to AP mode.

All now working.

TP-LInk - will this ever get fixed?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 1