M5 web-login does not accept password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-01 20:54:47

Hi,

I wanted to login to the M5 base station but the login page doesn't accept my password.   When I clicked the "Forgot password?" link it just pops up a message saying "Please launch the Deco app and tap Forgot Password to retrieve your password." but the problem is the mobile app doesn't have a "Forgot Password" option other than for wifi (and I know the wifi password).

I contacted support on live chat and was told to use the Reset Password page here: https://www.tplinkcloud.com/forgotpassword.php

I used that, reset the password, but the M5 still does not accept it.  I suspect that the link resets a different password, not the one for the M5 web-interface.

Can anyone offer any advice ?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:M5 web-login does not accept password
2020-08-15 19:50:47
Options
2020-09-19 13:12:34

@wbforbes 

Had The same issue. You have to log out in the App. Then choose forgot password (or something like that). Then follow the steps and with the choosen password you can use the web log in.

Don't ask why, it just worked.

Options
2020-09-19 18:27:21
Thanks, Taan!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1697

Replies: 3

Related Articles