WA901ND Acccess Point does not change SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-07 17:39:59 - last edited 2020-07-19 07:50:42
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 3.16.9

Having used 2 WD901 Access points without any problems I bought 2 more (this time max speed chnaged from 300 to 450 Mbps).

When I run the Setup as Access point and change the SSID I can see it in the Status (it is set to XD58)

But the broadcast SSID is still the default one (TP-LINK_AP_xxxx)

After many unsuccessful trials on both units I turn to the forum (before I return the units and buy something else,,)

Any idea what is wrong - or better - how can the problem be solved?

--------------------------------

Edit 1: So, since there is not useful idea coming form this forum I will return the two units and buy a different brand access point and make sure this product gets a bad rating to prevent other people from falling into the same trap.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WA901ND Acccess Point does not change SSID
2020-07-27 07:25:18

@Bertram 

Hi, sorry to hear that you have trouble with our product.

Sorry to make you wait for so long for the reply.

For your issue, I would like to confirm some information.

From the status you provided, we can see the AP has the Wi-Fi name XD58, which is very clear.

But from the second picture you provided, I can see the first Wi-Fi name XD58 shown on the top. 

This Wi-Fi doesn't belong to this Access Point? Does it belong to other Access Points since you have more than one APs?

Do all these APs share the same Wi-Fi name XD38?

If so, you can change the Wi-Fi name to a totally different one for this AP to check if the new Wi-Fi name can appear on all of your devices.

The default Wi-Fi name of this Access Points is printed on the white label which is on the back of the device.

You can check if the Wi-Fi name (TP-LINK_AP_xxxx) is the same as the default one or not.

Please try to refresh the Wi-Fi list on your device to check if the default Wi-Fi name still appears.

Please also try to use different clients to do a test if the new Wi-Fi name XD58 and default Wi-Fi name can appear.

Your reply would be much appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 1

Related Articles