Cant edit Admin account on fresh install of Omada 4.1.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 22:24:08 - last edited 2020-11-25 07:00:21

Hi,

I'm migrating rom a Win10-based Omada install 3.0.2 to a docker-based 4.1.5 on my Synology DS918, and have hit a few snags.  I've just upgraded my win-based install to 3.1.2 in order to migrate to the Docker-based install, and so far that seems to have gone well, although I thought my 3  EAP-225's would need a firmware upgrade afterwards, but they report that they have the latest firmware, so it appears that they are all set to migrate.  On the Docker install I have a really frustrating problem.  I can log in using the admin account credentials I supplied when I set it up, but it will not let me edit the account, i.e. change the password for that account afterwards.  I go to the Admin tab and I see the account I created listed there.  If I click on the edit button, it asks for the admin password to continue, and no matter what I do It will not accept the password I supply.  I am entering the exact password I supplied for that account to log in, but all that happens is the password box turns red and it refuses to allow me to do anything.  I know it is the correct password as I'm copying and pasting it from notepad.  Is this a bug?  Am I doing something wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cant edit Admin account on fresh install of Omada 4.1.5-Solution
2020-11-17 13:20:50 - last edited 2020-11-25 07:00:21

@Fae Thanks for replying.  It turned out that the interface didn't like Chrome. When I opened it in Edge it worked fine.  I'm surprised since the new Edge is Chromium-based, but that turned out to be the fix.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cant edit Admin account on fresh install of Omada 4.1.5
2020-11-17 10:23:55

Dear @Johnster001,

I can log in using the admin account credentials I supplied when I set it up, but it will not let me edit the account, i.e. change the password for that account afterwards.  I go to the Admin tab and I see the account I created listed there.

Sorry that I don't have such problem after entering the admin password. The password should be the one that you created during the initial setup of the Omada Controller. Just in case, could you please click the eye to show the password you typed in for checking? If you close the Omada Controller (Exit Directly) and then launch it again to enter the admin password for login, would the admin password work?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Cant edit Admin account on fresh install of Omada 4.1.5-Solution
2020-11-17 13:20:50 - last edited 2020-11-25 07:00:21

@Fae Thanks for replying.  It turned out that the interface didn't like Chrome. When I opened it in Edge it worked fine.  I'm surprised since the new Edge is Chromium-based, but that turned out to be the fix.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cant edit Admin account on fresh install of Omada 4.1.5
2020-11-18 02:14:08 - last edited 2020-11-18 02:15:21

Dear @Johnster001,

It turned out that the interface didn't like Chrome. When I opened it in Edge it worked fine. I'm surprised since the new Edge is Chromium-based, but that turned out to be the fix.

Glad to hear that your concern was resolved. Thank you for sharing the final solution. Not sure what caused the problem, but it provides us one possible solution to fix such problem. Thank you!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 592

Replies: 3

Related Articles