Poor wifi connection quality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-08 02:03:44
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902

Hello guys,

I monitored the quality of my wifi connection by pinging the router from my laptop.

The stats are as below:

In same room - router and laptop are in same room, distance is less than 10 feet (3 m)

In another room - router and laptop are in different rooms, less than 25 feet (~7.5 metres) away

On wifi, the number of pings with 1ms ping time are very very less compared to those at 2ms & 3ms. There are some failures as well.

I believe the ping time should be 1 ms considering that the distance is only a few feet. 

On cable connection, maximum number of pings is at 1 ms. But, there are some failures and ping time 2ms and 3 ms.

As a whole, how does the connection quality look?

I feel it is bad considering the ping times.

If this is bad, what should I do to improve it?

The router is new and was installed around 15 Nov 2020.

Regards,

Srinivas K

Options
3 Reply
Re:Poor wifi connection quality
2021-01-08 06:22:38

@SriniK 

Hi Srinivas, thank you very much for reporting the issue to the community.

May I know who is your ISP? Have you every compared this by connecting the same computer to the ISP modem directly? If there is no big difference, we assume it would be normal.

Options
2021-01-10 06:49:29

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I didn't check the connection with laptop connected to ISP router directly.

While monitoring the connection between router and laptop, I monitored the internet connection also.

The stats are as below:

It can be clearly seen that 20% of the pings are in 'Not acceptable' range, except when the laptop was connected to the wifi router with cable.

I believe this is because of the poor connection quality between laptop and router.

Such performance of the router on wifi mode is not acceptable.

Please suggest how this issue can be resolved

Regards,

Srinivas.

Options
2021-01-13 03:33:25

@SriniK 

Besides this ping tests, are there any real effect on your daily usage? As mentioned earlier, we need to know if all this ping tests are normal when you are connected to the ISP modem directly first.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 3

Related Articles