Dual WAN TL-R605 - Function disabled?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-13 07:53:52
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

Hi Community!

Hope everbody is healthy in this crazy times.

I have a question regarding my current configuration and iam not finding a solution - hope anybody could help me. 

My config

1xOC200

1x2210P Switch

4xEAP245

1xTL-R605

After the last Update of the Omada Controller to Version 4.2.8 the function to disable WAN Ports is missing. For Speed and Upload Testing i sometimes need to switch down one of my WAN ports.

In the Android App this function is still available but not working - in the controller OC200 the function is completely away?

Can anyone help me to find a workaround or is there any other reason behind the disabling of this function?

The Button to disconnect is away since the last update

Thx in advance

Christian

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dual WAN TL-R605 - Function disabled?
2021-01-14 11:12:11 - last edited 2021-01-14 11:13:42

Dear @ChrisAT,

In the Android App this function is still available but not working - in the controller OC200 the function is completely away?

The Omada APP is designed to help users monitor and maintain the network quickly, it may not support every configuration options which is the same as the Omada Controller.

To complete the full configuration of the Omada Controller, it's suggested to access the Controller directly.

Can anyone help me to find a workaround or is there any other reason behind the disabling of this function?

Do you access the Controller page from the local LAN network or from the cloud website (https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/)?

You may access the Controller page from the local LAN network and go to Settings > Wired Networks > Internet to have a check whether you can see the settings for WAN Mode.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Dual WAN TL-R605 - Function disabled?
2021-01-14 11:22:26

@Fae 

Hi,

"The Omada APP is designed to help users monitor and maintain the network quickly, it may not support every configuration options which is the same as the Omada Controller."

Yes, Android App is clear - but why the function is there when it is not working and shows a failure message?

Yes, i connect directly via LAN to the Controller. On your described site there is no possibilty to quick "shut down" a WAN port. When i make changes on this site the Gateway will be reconfigured and has to boot. I just want to shut down a WAN port like in the older firmware possible. 

thx

Chris

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 867

Replies: 2

Related Articles