Connect two deco M5 through plc adaptors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-25 18:19:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I've been searchin all over in order to find an answer but will the mesh wifi network work well when two M5's are connected to each other with help of 2 PLC's?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connect two deco M5 through plc adaptors
2021-11-25 20:44:04

@beve 

I tested that with my M5. M5 connected through powerline adapter reports Ethernet connection and runs just fine.

Note the following:

1) Internet speed of devices connected to that M5 will be (obviously) limited by the speed on powerline adapters. You must have good electric wiring without much interference to get acceptable results.

2) Not every powerline adapter is compatible with Deco backhaul protocol. If you get one that is not, M5 will keep reporting WiFi backhaul, even if connected to powerline adapter. For some reason, adapters with just one Ethernet port have more chance to be complatible with Deco than adapters with 2 or more Ethernet ports.

If it helps, the one I have and confirmed working is ZyXEL PLA5215. It is outdated model, but still can be found for purchase.

Options
Re:Connect two deco M5 through plc adaptors
2021-11-25 23:17:47

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for your quick response. I will try it out with a few plc's.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 2

Related Articles