Slow internet via Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow internet via Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow internet via Deco
Slow internet via Deco
2022-01-22 09:09:43 - last edited 2022-01-24 09:50:24
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210330

I have 3 decos in my 1 floor home.

the main deco is as close as it gets to the ISP router and the two others with 5 meters of distance between them to make a perfect coverage in my home.

when i connect to my isp's network i get around 300mbps wifi. when i connect to the network that Deco asked me to set up - i get 100mbs.

im trying to figure this out but cannot succeed. Ive already tried to change it to access point but I still dont understand why it asks me to change to the new network it set up.

do i need to give it the same ssid as the main provider? when i join the original network it sais deco is offline and i cant manage it ..

as i said, right now the main deco is right next to the isp router and connected via ethernet cable .. the others were joined via deco application on my phone.

any idea?

thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Slow internet via Deco-Solution
2022-01-22 15:44:51 - last edited 2022-01-24 09:50:24

@KippStaR 

Deco E4 has 100Mbps Ethernet ports. 100Mbps is the maximum you could get from Internet connection, with Deco E4.

You have two options:

1. Return Deco E4 set and get different WiFi mesh set, pay attention to hardware specs of that other WiFi mesh set.

2. Get additional single Deco unit such as M4, S4 or M5, add it to your Deco mesh and make it Main Deco. These units have gigabit Ethernet ports, which will unlock your Internet connection speed. How to switch your main Deco to another Deco currently on your mesh network.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow internet via Deco-Solution
2022-01-22 15:44:51 - last edited 2022-01-24 09:50:24

@KippStaR 

Deco E4 has 100Mbps Ethernet ports. 100Mbps is the maximum you could get from Internet connection, with Deco E4.

You have two options:

1. Return Deco E4 set and get different WiFi mesh set, pay attention to hardware specs of that other WiFi mesh set.

2. Get additional single Deco unit such as M4, S4 or M5, add it to your Deco mesh and make it Main Deco. These units have gigabit Ethernet ports, which will unlock your Internet connection speed. How to switch your main Deco to another Deco currently on your mesh network.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Slow internet via Deco
2022-01-22 20:09:25

@Alexandre. 

yes, thank you

by the time people replied to me i managed to understand and did order another deco which is M4.

thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 2

Related Articles