Archer C6 keeps randomly resetting to factory settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-10 14:50:16 - last edited 2022-02-11 11:13:39
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Hey,

I've been having problems with my router. It was working just fine without an issue for a couple of months, but now I've been having a problem. You see, I turn the router off via the power button (I don't unplug it) at night/when not using the internet/not at home etc... Which worked just fine for my purposes until now. Now when I turn it back on, sometimes randomly all the settings have been reset to default, like I've never even started using the router to begin with. This means that my internet is not working until I login with my PC and create a new password, then redo everything from scratch or what I've been doing is I've been using the backup/restore function of the router to get it back up running quickly. But still, this takes several minutes and I have to do it from my PC with the ethernet connection. This has happened at least 4 times by now. I know this is surely not normal behavior, to have the router erase all of its settings like this? Don't know how I should go about to troubleshoot this and I'd appreciate any help with this problem.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C6 keeps randomly resetting to factory settings
2022-02-10 15:03:31 - last edited 2022-02-11 11:13:39

@john_smith49 

That's not easy to troubleshoot - probably a HW issue. If the device is under waramnty just contact your local support and ask them to be advised on this.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer C6 keeps randomly resetting to factory settings
2022-02-11 11:15:45

@terziyski 

Thanks for the swift reply. I was thinking the same that it's probably a hardware issue. Just thought I'd ask to find out if it's some commonly known problem. I'll contact the tech support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 2

Related Articles