Deco topologies supported?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-16 06:30:06 - last edited 2022-03-17 01:29:57
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hello!

I am about to get a deco 3 pack, I am wondering if the following topologies are supported.

1. All Decos in AP mode (having same SSID WiFi mesh) and using them to connect a switch.

2. One Deco as main router, other 2 as AP connecting switch to it, (having same SSID WiFi mesh in the 3 Decos)

Is this supported? I am trying to accomplish deco´s wired to have best WiFi performance but using extra LAN port to connect different wired device using a switch.

Any comment will be appreciated it.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco topologies supported?-Solution
2022-03-16 09:24:02 - last edited 2022-03-17 01:29:57

@iWarSam 

Both configurations should be possible according to this FAQ - General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

You should be cautious when choosing the switches:

Some D-Link switches will not forward packets based on IEEE 1905.1 protocol, causing all Deco units in a network loop and becoming quite unstable.

Here some additional guides:

Can I use Deco with my existing router?

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco topologies supported?-Solution
2022-03-16 09:24:02 - last edited 2022-03-17 01:29:57

@iWarSam 

Both configurations should be possible according to this FAQ - General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

You should be cautious when choosing the switches:

Some D-Link switches will not forward packets based on IEEE 1905.1 protocol, causing all Deco units in a network loop and becoming quite unstable.

Here some additional guides:

Can I use Deco with my existing router?

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 1

Related Articles