Need to Replace NowTV box - Advice?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-26 10:23:35

Hi, I need to replace my NowTV modem/router - are any of the current TP-Link devices suitable (e.g. TP-Link AC1200)?

I searched this community but couldn't find a definitive answer, I desperately need a reliable product to control access, block sites etc. Robust Parental controls a must as I need to manage access to gaming websites from iOS devices.

I need to REPLACE the NowTV device NOT plug an ancillary device into it.

Can anyone confirm that Parental Control on TP-Link devices is suitably comprehensive and robust? At present I'm battling someone resetting the router to factory settings to defeat control.

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Need to Replace NowTV box - Advice?
2022-05-15 18:40:47

@xmc This thread should be of help:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264802?page=1

The Archer VR series should work with Sky/Now MER

and once you have one of those the Now router can go back in its box - but do not get rid of the now router incase its needed to be plugged in for line testing in the event of a line fault

Options
2022-05-21 09:58:20

@xmc vr2800 works and will connect but ipv6 will be slightly wonky due to them not understanding delegation lengths from openreach. any modem with dhcp option 61 and mer will work

Options
2022-11-13 12:40:19
Did you manage to get this working with NowTV?
Options
2022-11-13 13:02:01

@YawnBros slightly convoluted route, but in the end I went with a pair of eero pro's. 

Now eventually replaced their router and I disabled wifi and installed the eero pro's. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 4