ER605 Gateway not communicating correctly with OC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-04 08:09:48

ER605 v2.0 2.0.1 Build 20220223 Rel.68551

OC200 1.0 1.15.2 Build 20220323 Rel.60717

There are a number of issues here,

1) Connect / Disconnect messages in the logs for the gateway

2) Under the Insight -> Port Forwarding Status, Packets/Bytes columns show no data just a -

3) Under Insight -> Routing Table -> Gateway is completely blank

@Fae I need to raise a support ticket for this, as my experience so far with the latest router has been very poor

Options
9 Reply
Re:ER605 Gateway not communicating correctly with OC200
2022-07-06 06:53:02

Dear @Tescophil ,

Tescophil wrote

ER605 v2.0 2.0.1 Build 20220223 Rel.68551

OC200 1.0 1.15.2 Build 20220323 Rel.60717

There are a number of issues here,

1) Connect / Disconnect messages in the logs for the gateway

2) Under the Insight -> Port Forwarding Status, Packets/Bytes columns show no data just a -

3) Under Insight -> Routing Table -> Gateway is completely blank

1) It looks like a power supply problem caused, if it is powered by USB, it may have unstable power supply, because once this USB cable is not of good quality, it may have similar problems, it is recommended to use it with POE switch power supply in preference.

2) Are there actually transmitting traffic after setting up the port forwarding entry?
Is the open port set up to allow external devices to access the internal Server for operations such as downloads?
Is there actually download or access etc. actually taking place?

3) Are you logging in with a Cloud account?
If so, there may be similar problems, which you can usually resolve with just a few page refreshes.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-07-06 07:33:39 - last edited 2022-07-06 07:34:23

@Tescophil 

I've tried both PoE and USB 3A PSU, and I get the same view locally or via the cloud. From all I have seen its down to flakey software on the router.., its the only part of the system that causes any issues.

I rebooted the OC200 and the logs etc. all came back, including all the missing historical data...

Options
2022-07-06 07:56:38

@Tescophil 

I have the same problem, the router stops sending logs / statistics to the controller, after a reboot the logging starts again.
routing table is empty + several other things.

In addition to this, the router reboots by itself at hevy VPN load, sometimes it starts up by itself other times it freezes completely, SYS led no longer flashes but lights up all the time when it freezes completely, then I have to take the power to get it started again.

I have tried to tell support about the VPN problem but they are quite arrogant and do not understand as usual that the router is full of bugs, or they are lying to cover all the bugs, the VPN problem is solved by routing all IPsec traffic via a Cisco Firewall,

tp-link will never be able to fix this anyway.

My best advice is to set up a reboot schedule at least twice a week. there is a reason why tp-link has this feature,

Options
2022-07-09 08:26:55

This is happening to me now after 6 days, router state is connected in controller, but no VPN status, No routing table, gateway NA. Router don't send information to the controller. restarting the router solves the problem for a few days.

Controller is on Ubuntu and I use 5.3.1

Options
2022-08-02 11:25:00 - last edited 2022-08-02 11:32:38

@Fae 

I thought this would be fixed in 5.4.6 but there are still problems, the router is connected but does not communicate correctly with the controller, VPN status and Routing info are empty and dynamic DNS only shows one - on connection status, wired summary and ISP load stop logging and there is probably more, to fix this the controller must be restarted. then the router communicates again for a while, but this happens once or several times a day.

when it works, the log also shows two hours wrong on the router, switch and everything else shows the correct time.

As you see router is connected but thats all 

router stop logging for 15 hour now.

Switch and access point is ok, its only router.

router is connected to same switch as controler, the switch is SG2428P, I have also connected controller directly to router but there is no difference. router dont send information to controller.

Options
2022-08-10 09:59:27 - last edited 2022-08-10 09:59:45

Dear @Tescophil,

Sorry that I missed this thread. To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue.

The ticket ID is TKID220811463, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-08-10 10:03:51

Dear @shberge

I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID220811494, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-08-10 10:24:31

@Fae 

Ok, thanks, but I think I'll follow this thread, I can't bear to spend time on the support. I have very bad experience with support and have wasted a lot of time trying to help them with bugs earlier.

Anyhow

I might have something to add, I've tried different thing to figure this out..
The router was two hours wrong, this was fixed when I changed the Statistic/DashBoard Timezone from UTC to Sites. the strange thing was that only the router had two hours wrong on the clock, not EAP and Swithes.

after I changed from UTC to Sites, I haven't lost contact with the router either, it logs everything as it should and at the right time.

it's a bit early to say if it's okay but it's now 3 days and 4 hours since I restarted the controller.

@Tescophil 

It would be nice if you could update this thread if you figure out the problem.

Options
2022-08-10 10:58:46 - last edited 2022-08-10 10:59:01

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

Ok, thanks, but I think I'll follow this thread, I can't bear to spend time on the support. I have very bad experience with support and have wasted a lot of time trying to help them with bugs earlier.

Sorry to hear that you have a bad experience with our support engineers.

For the issues you reported in this thread, I haven't noticed such issues yet on the testing network in the lab.

To figure out the issue, the engineers may need to get your config file and log file for analysis. It's a pity that the community currently doesn't support to upload files privately. It's okay if you prefer to follow this thread. But if you don't mind giving our engineers another chance, please feel free to reply to the support email for further investigation.

BTW, it's suggested to report one bug/issue in one thread like @Tescophil does, so that the issue could be focused and traced easily not only by TP-Link but also by other community members. Thanks as always for your great cooperation and support in the community!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 711

Replies: 9

Related Articles