Having issue while using your previous recommeded settings.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-29 16:11:30
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hello,

On the main line I configure wr-940N router,

1. From the same router I connect another (same model) in router mode. (Can access from outside by entering the main router IP with internal port 443).
  2. From the same main router I connect another 2nd router WR-840N in AP Mode (Can't acces by allowing port 80 and 443 too).

The page open but stuck after loading blue top header without any text or TP-link logo.

Kindly assist in the above matter.

@terziyski I have followed all your previous instructions but unable to login.

Thank You.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Having issue while using your previous recommeded settings.
2022-07-30 07:02:31 - last edited 2022-07-30 16:44:18

@Jdhn 

For WR840N in AP mode to be accessed remotely you'll need only TCP port 80 opened I supose.

Make sure that you've opened TCP port 80 to the WR840N only.

Clear you browser cash or use an incognito/private window to bypass browser cash when opening WR-840N web management page.

Here's a story regarding similar scenario, but C64 was used in AP mode and C4000 as a main router.

In AP mode WR840N doesn't have any remote acess settings like in 'wireless router mode'.

Also I am not sure that WR840N has the 'HTTP Referer Head Check' option like C64, mentioned in the story I posted.

Even configuring remote acess settings ln 'wireless router mode', that doesn't mean they'll work the same way in AP mode.

So I am not sure if that will work in case of WR840N, you have to test that by yourself.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-07-30 09:43:47

@terziyski 

You mean to say first I should go in router mode, in administration uncheck the (443) and keep the ip 255.255.255.255 for remote access.

Then change the router mode to AP, then it will be accessible outside the network ??

Kindly make confirm, and as I understand as mentioned above I will do the same and let you know if that works.

Thank You.

Options
2022-07-31 19:51:20

@terziyski 

Dear,

I have checked with the Archer C24, I configure to access (TL-wr840) in AP Mode, it works like a charm and that's possible by  adding tcp port 80 to archer C24.

On another site, I am using TL-WA801ND sub AP from TL-WR940N, by adding the same tcp port 80 I can access the AP behind the main router. ( the AP is very old but opening).

Now the issue is I have added TCP port 80 for WR-840N in WR-940N. the webpage open but stuck in the beginning and I can't see any text or image.

I have tried in different browser and check in incognito mode but the issue is same,

I hope you understand my overall case.

Options
2022-07-31 20:39:30

@Jdhn 

The reason that WR840N web management page is partially loaded, could be due to a web browser cash issue - hence my suggestion for clearing the browser cash or using a private/incognito window.

You already refuted this hypothesis by executing the actions I suggested, resulting in no effect whatsoever.

Is that the same WR840N which you can access behind C24 without any issue ?

If so, then the problem is probably with the WR940N - make sure that it has the same FW version as your other setup (with TL-WA801ND behind it).

If it's a different device then I would compate their FW versions, make them the same (upgrade/downgrade the problematic one) and test again.

If their FW versions are the same I would reset the device to factory defaults (the problematic WR840N), re-configuire from scratch and test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 436

Replies: 4

Related Articles