2.4 GHz Turning on itself, when turned off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-16 05:45:39
Tags: #Wi-Fi
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.11.30 Build 220624 Rel.50807n(5553)

Hello, Tp-Link community, I have an weird problem, I only need and want 5 GHz network from My router, but when I turn off 2.4 GHz network, after sometime it turn itself back on, no matter what I do, can you please resolve the issue, Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:2.4 GHz Turning on itself, when turned off
2022-08-17 02:53:32

@Nebulous 

Just to confirm, have you enabled Wireless Schedule on the Archer C64? You may check it by logging into the web interface page of the C64 and going to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Schedule.

If the Wireless Schedule is enabled, then that might be the current design, the Wireless Schedule will enable both 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time. We have already logged feedback to the developers and hope they could evaluate if this would be optimized in the future firmware update, you may keep an eye on the official website for new firmware updates in the future.

Options
2022-08-17 03:13:58

@Kevin_Z  Wireless Schedule is enabled, but even though Time is off at night, 2.4GHz network turn itself on in about 10-15 minutes, when turned off. 

Options
2022-08-19 03:18:11

@Nebulous 

Do you mean the wireless should be off at that time, but the 2.4GHz network still turns itself on? Can I have a screenshot of the Wireless Schedule settings on the C64?

Please check again and ensure the Time Settings on the router is correct.

Options
2022-09-12 19:54:55

@Kevin_Z 

Hi. Please could you tell us when this issue will be fixed. I can see this issue is relative old.

I just have bought same router and i would like to know if it is worth to wait for fixing in another FW update or send router back to the store and buy another one.

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 490

Replies: 4

Tags

Wi-Fi
Related Articles