Time synchronization after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-30 08:23:54
Model: VIGI NVR1008  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 210823 Rel. 61765n

Hi, 

I have an issue with my VIGI system (NVR1008 and C400HP and C300HP cameras), every time there is a power outage, NVR and crammers lose track of time and recording stops! This makes the whole system unusable since recording dose not continue until log back in VIGI app and once again select time and adopt cameras back to NVR!
I use time settings "Get from Internet" with NTP server being "time.windows.xxx" but after every power outage all VIGI devices switch back to manual time and set on some random time last year... 
On top of that cameras come back online and they can be accessed by VIGI app remotely but the do not come back online on NVR and i have to go to NVR setting IPC management, Channel Management and adopt cameras back to channels before it continues to record. 
This is extremely frustrating since I am using this system on my summer home that in rurally located and remote and power outages are weekly outrace there.
Omada setup with 3 APs and TL-SG2428P switch, ER605 gateway, come back online and reconnected to internet no problem after power outage but surveillance system does not.
Is there a solution other that investing in UPS on site. What can be done on NVR so it keep setting after power out?

Thanks,
nvz
PS: all devices from omada controller to cameras are on the latest firmware

Options
1 Reply
Re: Time synchronization after power outage
2022-08-31 07:40:00

@nvz689 

Have you tried other NTP server IP?

What will happen if you reboot the NVR manually? Will it also lose all time settings and cameras?

Actually I think it could be a hardware problem on this NVR. It's better to find tplink support and check what happens.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 1

Related Articles