Red Light after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-04 00:46:24 - last edited 2020-08-07 12:02:14
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ?

Split second power outage at our house has led to an unresolvable red LED. Power cycling does nothing. Hard reset and new setup does nothing. Will return this bricked unit tomorrow if there's no fix. This has apparently been a tp link problem for years. Is there a fix yet?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Red Light after power outage-Solution
2020-08-07 12:01:51 - last edited 2020-08-07 12:02:14

@Hurtbig 

Hello, please try the below suggestions:

1. Switch off your modem/router and the Deco units

2. Restart your modem/router, wait until it starts up successfully

3. Once the modem/router is fully up and running again, start the Deco units

If the above doesn't help, please provide the below info and we will investigate further:

1. What is the current network topology? How many Deco units do you have in total and how are they connected?

2. After this short power outage/shock, is your modem/router still running properly? Are all the Decos showing red LEDs?

3. Try to reset the Deco units to factory defaults and reconfigure then from scratch: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1457/.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Red Light after power outage-Solution
2020-08-07 12:01:51 - last edited 2020-08-07 12:02:14

@Hurtbig 

Hello, please try the below suggestions:

1. Switch off your modem/router and the Deco units

2. Restart your modem/router, wait until it starts up successfully

3. Once the modem/router is fully up and running again, start the Deco units

If the above doesn't help, please provide the below info and we will investigate further:

1. What is the current network topology? How many Deco units do you have in total and how are they connected?

2. After this short power outage/shock, is your modem/router still running properly? Are all the Decos showing red LEDs?

3. Try to reset the Deco units to factory defaults and reconfigure then from scratch: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1457/.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Red Light after power outage
2021-10-27 14:02:18
Did you find any good solution? I've even changed the set at the retailer and still have this problem. Outage is a common problem here since we are refurbishing, and I can't keep resetting the Decos every time. HUGE problem 😭
Options
2021-10-28 02:43:20 - last edited 2021-10-28 02:47:56

@KaisaD 

Hi, I see your previous email record, and sorry it has taken too much of your time.

Could you please send me your TP-Link email ID for the Deco APP and the MAC address of the main Deco via private message?

May I know the model number of your ISP cable or fiber modem?

What is your internet connection type, dynamic IP, or PPPoE under IPV4?

I have sent you my email address and could you please send the following pictures as well:

1. a screenshot of the IPV4 page when the internet went down after a power outage.

2. Would rebooting the ISP modem help restore the Deco connection?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-23 11:24:30

@KaisaD 

The solution I've found is to disconnect any ethernet cables from the main unit and power cycle everything. Once the main unit is powered back on, it shows a red light briefly then will switch to green. Then plug the cable back in. I have my main unit feeding a switch of hard wired items. That appears to be the big problem. Seems ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed yet after years. Good luck. 

Options
2021-12-24 06:50:48

@Myriad46 

Hi, I had seen feedback before that A device with a built-in DHCP server is connected to the other port of Deco, and after a power outage, Deco restored faster than the modem, this device will respond to Deco’s IP request and force Deco to think it is the modem. For example:

Main Deco staying solid red after rebooting when working with Zmodo devices

So I think it is quite like your case.

In this way, may I know where are the devices that are connected behind the switch?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 10482

Replies: 5

Related Articles