Decos go offline EVERYTIME after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-13 10:07:31 - last edited 2020-10-19 06:56:48
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Everytime there is a power outage the router reboots and it works.

I have 3 decos all connected via ethernet.

They restart when the power is on and they don't pickup the internet. They stay red. Even after 20 minutes.

Only solution is unplug and reboot 1 deco.

This is not good guys..

Mac:

CC32E560F784

CC32E5A3BFB8

CC32E5A3BBDC

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Decos go offline EVERYTIME after power outage-Solution
2020-09-17 09:58:52 - last edited 2020-10-19 06:56:48

@atca You are right! Switched to router mode and now it works.. Shame on tp link! :)

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Decos go offline EVERYTIME after power outage
2020-09-13 22:00:57

@kuitogu are you in AP mode? If so that'll be the excellent not so Smart DHCP screwing you over...

Options
Re:Decos go offline EVERYTIME after power outage-Solution
2020-09-17 09:58:52 - last edited 2020-10-19 06:56:48

@atca You are right! Switched to router mode and now it works.. Shame on tp link! :)

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-25 05:27:54

@kuitogu I have the same issue - have 5 Decos of M9 Plus. I need to turn off all and reboot the main ROUTER node.

Only after that I Can connect the rest.

I saw your post about the AP/Router mode - Have you changed that on all your devices or only something on the main one ?

Options
2021-07-21 05:05:40

Everytime there is a power outage, my Deco M4R turns red. I need to reset them and start the installation all over again. My older router (Not from tp-link) works fine after a power outage and I am planning to return the Deco back. Extremely frustrating to install the Deco twice a day and connect all my devices again

Options
2021-07-21 06:15:01

@HarshaBlr 

Hi,

Would there be any special reason why there would be a power outage almost twice a day?

May I know who Is your internet service provider and how about the model number of your ISP cable modem?

Which internet connection did you set up on Deco, dynamic IP, or PPPoE?

Next time, the same issue started again, could you please help me check the following information:

1. A picture of the IPv4 Settings on the Deco APP;

2. if not a hardware reset, would rebooting the main Deco as well as the ISP modem fix the issue?

Options
2021-07-21 07:43:53

@TP-Link 

Appreciate the prompt response.

I am in India, so let me know if I am posting this in a wrong thread.

We are experiencing very heavy rains for the last 1 week and hence the power outages .

I dont have a modem and directly connect the ethernet cable to the Deco main device. Is that wrong?

I will capture the IPv4 settings next time when there is an outage.

Thanks

Options
2021-07-25 16:33:18

@TP-Link Hello, it happened again today. Power was stable all day.

The main deco's led turned red and restarting didnt help. I connected my other D-link router and it worked fine.

Here are my IPv4 settings when wifi was working. Does anything needs to be changed?

File:
IPv4_WifiON.jpgDownload
Options
2021-07-26 10:49:42

@HarshaBlr 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

There is no need to change any IPv4 settings on the APP;

And currently, the offline issue is not just after the power outage, right?

When the internet dropped and the LED turns red, would unplugging/plugging the cable between the Internet service provider and Deco help or not

Since the IPv4 settings were captured when the internet was working, would there be any difference when the internet disconnected?

May I know who is your internet service provider?

Options
2021-10-27 11:10:24

kuitogu wrote

Everytime there is a power outage the router reboots and it works.

I have 3 decos all connected via ethernet.

They restart when the power is on and they don't pickup the internet. They stay red. Even after 20 minutes.

Only solution is unplug and reboot 1 deco.

This is not good guys..

Mac:

CC32E560F784

CC32E5A3BFB8

CC32E5A3BBDC

@kuitogu 

Hi Guys, after Investigating i solved the issue by re-enabling my Switch Port that Deco is in and restarting que main Deco on the network by unplug power cords and turning on again. My Switch may disable them because of Deco Spanning Tree Protocol, just a guess

My decos are in AP Mode. Hope i help U!

A Deco restart may take 5 minutes depending on model, so wait before reset them.

Options
2021-10-28 03:16:44

@1mag1n3that 

Hi, may I know the model number of your main router?

I think for your case, it is more likely caused by the smart DHCP on the AP mode.

After a power outage, Deco reboots fast than the ISP router and starts its own DHCP server; then when the main router is fully restored, it detected there is another DHCP server and stopped assigning IP addresses.

But it might need further confirmation next time you had the same issue. (You could check the IP gateway on the clients.)

And if you are interested, the beta firmware 1.6.0 has added the DHCP on/off switch under access point mode and you could have a try when you are available.

[New Firmware] Deco M5 1.6.0

Options

Information

Helpful: 9

Views: 7710

Replies: 10