Router settings lost after power off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-11 04:36:44 - last edited 2022-10-11 06:10:36
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.20

Archer C6

AC 1200 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Routers 

I am using the router of above model number in range extended mode (Wireless Bridge Mode ) and  made all settings as mentioned in the guide. The router works as range extender without any issues. But when the power is off and comes back, the settings are lost and it is not able to connect to the router with the configured IP address. I will have to rsest the router to factory settings and then again have to reconfigure it as range extender. How to solve this problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router settings lost after power off
2022-10-11 07:41:16

@fjzuberi 

Is the C6 disconnected from the host router or does it lose the settings completely? How did you find it out? When configuring the C6 as an extender, you may use a fixed IP address for it, which would be even better if you set it in the IP range of the host. I mean you can set a static IP for it like 192.168.0.2 if the IP of the host is 192.168.0.1. Try logging into the web page next time if it doesn't connect to the host after a power outage, and check if the WDS status still displays RUN.

You'd better fix the wireless channel on the host router to a clear one to avoid interference, which may also cause the extender to lose the connection.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 1

Related Articles