Slow speed Deco E4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speed Deco E4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speed Deco E4R
Slow speed Deco E4R
2022-12-27 04:28:27
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20211101

Hi,

I have 3 Deco E4R's running in WiFi extender mode , 1 is directly connected to my router via gigabit interface (the router also still have WiFi enabled) and then the other 2 inb various rooms around the hose.

My internet connection is 300Mb fibre and a directly connected laptop achieves this speed however any device connected via the Deco only sees 80-90 Mb in speed tests.

I have looked on the app on my phone - there are no QOS settings anywhere (as mentioned in TP-Link readme's for fixing slow speed) - how do I improve speed to match my connection (well as close as reasonable) ??

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow speed Deco E4R
2022-12-27 12:41:32

@GoKiwi 

If you check Deco E4 specs, you will find it has 100Mbps Ethernet ports. This is what limits Internet connection speed via the Deco E4.

If you can return that set, send it back and replace with Deco M4 set. M4 is similarly looking Deco model with similar specs compared to E4, but it has gigabit Ethernet ports and that will unlock your Internet speed.

Another option is upgrade. Get single Deco M5 or Deco M4, add it to your Deco mesh. Promote it to Main Deco: Changing the Main Unit for your Mesh Network

Use your Deco E4 as Satellites. This will also unlock your Internet speed, because your Main Deco now has gigabit Ethernet connection to router.

----------

On a side note: if you have Deco mesh at your house, it would make sense to disable WiFi on router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1975

Replies: 1

Related Articles