TP Link Mifi won't work in France

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-30 10:20:18
Model: M7350  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have brought my M7350 to France and although it is connecting to a network (says Three) and showing up on my devices as available, it is unable to connect to the internet. My provider at home is ID. I have allowed data roaming on the advice and my package with ID allows roaming abroad. I have tried manually changing the carrier from three to Orange and Free but the name doesn't change in the TP Link. On the TP Link app, the little world symbol at the top has a cross through it but it says in the settings that roaming is switched on. I've tried manually inputting orange's APN that I found online. No joy either. Any other ideas?  It works in the UK absolutely fine.  I only bought it to bring to France so very disappointed if I can't get it to work. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP Link Mifi won't work in France
2023-01-08 04:55:25

@alwoolmore 

Hi, for testing purpose, please insert the same SIM card into your smartphone and check if internet works fine, if so, please also check which network it connects and which band it uses in France, for the band information on smartphone, please refer to the instruction below:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3488/

By the way, may I know the hardware and firmware version of your M7350?

Options
2023-01-13 11:44:08

@Sunshine  thank you for your response. I am now back in the UK so can't check the band or provider, but the SIM did work fine in my phone when I tried it there. I think it largely attached to Orange FR and Free mobile, depending on the stronger signal. 

The hardware version is 7.0 and the firmware version is 7.0.2 if that helps? 

Is there anything I can do in the UK to the settings ahead of our next visit to France in a couple of months to get it to work? 

Options
2023-01-19 02:58:47

@alwoolmore 

Hi, there is no need to do additional settings now since you are back to UK now, next time when you go to France, make sure the data roaming is enabled, if it picks up a French network but no internet access, please check if the APN profile is correct for the French network, if not, try to create a new profile manually to see if it solves the problem.

However, if there is no any signal received on the M7350 in France, please check which 4G band your phone is using in France with the same SIM card, then we could check if that band is supported by M7350 or not.

Options
2023-01-20 04:43:17

I also have tried blocking / redirecting the DNS queries, but this results in the router getting stuck in retry loop (thousands of requests a minute), and a big spike in router CPU usage as a side effect. The fix really needs to come from TP-Link.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 4

Related Articles