Confused on Controller and Firmware Release Phases?!?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-22 19:59:14 - last edited 2023-02-23 13:27:37

I just saw the new WIndows controller 5.9.9 drop and displaying a ton of firmware updates needed for the new features.

I also see the 5.8.4 needing firmware updates, but have not released yet.

Which firmware will be released 1st?  Or will they come packaged together (features for 584 and 599 in 1 firmware release)?

@Fae  and @Hank21 

Thanks,

KG!

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Confused on Controller and Firmware Release Phases?!?-Solution
2023-02-23 01:45:07 - last edited 2023-02-23 13:27:37

Dear @KimcheeGUN,

Sorry that we don't have further insights into how the firmware of Omada devices will be exactly released finally. It's possible that some Omada devices would get the 5.8 adapted firmware released first, and some Omada devices would get both 5.8 and 5.9 packaged together in one firmware release.

May I know what Omada devices you are using and which new features you indeed need to use ​in your network?

Are you using these Omada devices for home scenarios or for enterprise scenarios?

Just trying to understand your actual need and see if I can help you further here.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Confused on Controller and Firmware Release Phases?!?-Solution
2023-02-23 01:45:07 - last edited 2023-02-23 13:27:37

Dear @KimcheeGUN,

Sorry that we don't have further insights into how the firmware of Omada devices will be exactly released finally. It's possible that some Omada devices would get the 5.8 adapted firmware released first, and some Omada devices would get both 5.8 and 5.9 packaged together in one firmware release.

May I know what Omada devices you are using and which new features you indeed need to use ​in your network?

Are you using these Omada devices for home scenarios or for enterprise scenarios?

Just trying to understand your actual need and see if I can help you further here.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Confused on Controller and Firmware Release Phases?!?
2023-02-23 13:27:32

@Fae 

It wasnt a need but just a question about the released time frame for the firmware versus the controller features.  But you answered my question though.  

I appreciate the response!

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 2

Related Articles