Unable to connect to extender’s wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-18 09:53:39 - last edited 2023-04-20 01:56:14
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, need help...while I can see the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extender's network, I am unable to connect to them. I am using my router's password as the extended networks are showing up with EXT at the end of my networks name. Thoughts/inputs please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to connect to extender’s wifi-Solution
2023-04-18 15:17:51 - last edited 2023-04-20 01:56:14

@Sunshine problem solved..believe the extender had created its own password after connecting using wps. After doing some reading, reset the password and was able to configure the extender using tether app and was able to set a password for the extender...all working great now 👍 thank you

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to extender’s wifi
2023-04-18 11:40:45

@Rupi 

Hi, what is the error message when you try to connect the extended network?

After setup, the extended Wi-Fi password is indeed the same as your router wireless password, please make sure you've entered it correctly when configuring the extender and also when connecting the extended Wi-Fi.

By the way, may I know how you configured the extender? Via web interface, Tether App or WPS button? And what about the LED status on the extender now?

Options
2023-04-18 14:20:54

@Sunshine keep getting the error "incorrect password" but when I am entering the exact same password to my normal wifi (router wifi), it connects. Definitely using the same password for both wifi networks (router and extender). Connected the extended using wps and all lights (power, 2.4GHz, 5GHz) are solid blue. Not sure what's happening

Options
Re:Unable to connect to extender’s wifi-Solution
2023-04-18 15:17:51 - last edited 2023-04-20 01:56:14

@Sunshine problem solved..believe the extender had created its own password after connecting using wps. After doing some reading, reset the password and was able to configure the extender using tether app and was able to set a password for the extender...all working great now 👍 thank you

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-04-18 18:26:12
Unable to connect extender wifi with my mobile
Options
2023-04-20 01:57:22

@Heerjee 

Hi, glad to hear that you've solved the problem, thanks for sharing the solution.

By the way, do you mean your mobile still doesn't connect to the extended network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 5

Related Articles