Again changing functionality in Omada Controller and new ER8411

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-20 14:46:52
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hello,

we have yesterday replaced and expand our network with a view new network hardware. Replaced the Router ER7206 with ER8411 here I had hoped that the switch from one to other router with the Omada controller runs better, but that's another topic. My issue again regardign the ACL possibilities, this is just not satisfactory. We have already some time ago reported an issue with the switch acl rules that after a firmware upgrade there is a limitation in handling of switch acl rules. This means we can not use anymore the switch acl rules regarding because of an artificial limitation or whatever. Then we have moved to gateway ACL rules. That has worked to dissalow the communication between the different networks. But that does not work now either, first of all the creation of gateway acl rule has been changed I think? No bidirectional option more and when I create both directions manual I can ping from one network to the other. I need ASAP a solution for this issue because now our network security is massively compromised now.

Can you please hel and give me a feedback is there any change from your side in this case and why and how I can handle this

Setup:

1x OC300 Controller Fimrware 5.9.32

1x ER8411

1x TL-SG3428 v2.0

1x TL-SX3008F v1.0

2x TL-SX3016F v1.0

Thanks in advanced

Options
4 Reply
Re:Again changing functionality in Omada Controller and new ER8411
2023-05-20 15:57:09
I have checked again the settings and in the Gateway ACL now the Lan -> Lan rule can not select anymore also the checkbox bidirectional is missing. Block the Gateway Management Page is also missing. In total a lot of security functions are not available anymore. I hope and expect that TP Link really changes this immediately! I'm really slowly with my nerves at the end, I will never again install a firmware upgrade. Because what is announced in the changelog and what is really changed in the end do not fit together. I buy every year hardware worth 15.000€ + and somehow feel completely screwed. Sorry for my tone but I can not always look here days upon days as I can solve something that has already worked well
Options
2023-05-22 07:56:13

Please check the screenshots from the previos version of omada firmware. Why this functions has been removed without any information in the changelog? Normally you should add more security functions isntead of removing this kind of functions. Please help here, with the Switch ACL rules this is not to handle as we get after selecting more then 10 networks an error

Options
2023-05-22 08:45:08

Hello @Cij,

I'm afraid that ER8411 current firmware version 1.0.3 doesn't support LAN-LAN ACL and set Gateway Management Page as the destination for Gateway ACL on the controller.

Because this firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller v5.5 but these new features above have been added from Controller v5.6.

You may see it on the official website:

And I haven't been informed of the ETA of the new firmware for ER8411 yet. Sorry for any trouble caused!

You may keep an eye on the official website and this thread.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-05-22 09:14:51
This means for me now we can not secure on this way the network and the doors are open for all networks? Any other solution how to secure and split the networks?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 4

Related Articles