Architecture suggestion

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Architecture suggestion

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Architecture suggestion
2023-06-22 17:07:50

@StormMountain 

I assume you only run 240V (120+120) on your poles...so you could tap that for POE power at the poles and make that a wired backbone fed from the main lodge leveraging some outdoor CAT5e or CAT6 with an integrated messenger wire (to protect from wind and snow load) this might reduce the number of 'visibly' installed APs for your guests.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-06-22 17:50:33
Thanks. I'll add some things to my cart and do some testing.
Options
2023-07-08 19:45:59 - last edited 2023-07-08 19:48:55

@d0ugmac1

Hi Doug, I've got the system up and running now and good coverage through-out the site. Thanks for the advice. I have one question about daily data limits for users. I have setup a 2GB daily limit for each cabin. I am wondering if there is a way to set the time for those limits. I'd like to have the daily limit to reset at noon, after check-out time, so any new guests will get a fresh 2GB of data that wasn't consumed by the previous guest. Let me know if you are ever passing by. I'll look after your lunch. Colin

Options
2023-07-09 01:59:58

@StormMountain 

Hi Colin, very happy that you are up running :)  I might even be able to come by sometime in next year and see your great work :)  Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

I need to think more about the usage question, but my simple fix for now is just to change your timezone so that what is noon for you is midnight for the system. That way the counters will rollover at noon instead of midnight. The hours will still match in the system logs, you'll just have to mentally flip the am/pm in your head!

Another tip for you is to use map function in the controller to place each device.  When you display Topology, enable the Show Labels, and then you can monitor the wireless links during different weather conditions.  That way you should get advance warning if any particular link is affected by heavy rain or a heavy snowfall.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Related Articles